jeudi, décembre 28, 2006

verre

It's the end of 2006 and I haven't been posting anything for years. I'm a sheep, following the trend (opening a blog) then forgetting about it like millions of sheeps. But truly, I prefer to be a sheep than a chip. Than a cheap sheeps ship... Happy new year to the millions of readers (this is for the banners).

My last days of 2006 were placed sous les auspices de Lolita and Humbert Humbert. The Enchanted Hunters may have been The Enchanted Butterfly Hunters. Nabokov said:

"It's a long climb
Up the rock face
At the wrong time
To the right place."

"For my nymphet I needed a diminutive with a lyrical lilt to it. One of the most limpid and luminous letters is "L". The suffix "-ita" has a lot of Latin tenderness, and this I required too. Hence: Lolita. However, it should not be pronounced as you and most Americans pronounce it: Low-lee-ta, with a heavy, clammy "L" and a long "o". No, the first syllable should be as in "lollipop", the "L" liquid and delicate, the "lee" not too sharp."