vendredi, octobre 27, 2006

haynes

I am a big fan of Emily Haine's voice and atmosphere. She is the daughter of a francophile poet, Paul Haines. We shortly met in London when her rock band Metric was trying to get a contract, years ago. We shortly met in New York during my Le Grand Magistery years. I published some of her poetry (2002) on my poetry blog Mitsu. She is the kind of woman I want to see on a screen. In fact the band Metric was on the screen in a french movie called Clean, by Olivier Assayas. Assayas is shooting a film with Asia Argento right now; it's called: Boarding Gate... I am happy to see that Emily Haines has released an album on her own, without the glamrock varnish of Metric. Her voice is having more space in this environment, with her piano melodies. It's beautiful. And watch her very strange video too, a clin d'oeil to a film produced by Asia's father...