mercredi, septembre 20, 2006

orange

Orange juice and God: when I read the story of Anthony Rossi, the founder of Tropicana, pioneer of the orange juice industry and a very religious man, I wonder if there was citrus juice during the years 0-33. I know it's a stupid question, but did the disciples and Jesus himself drink citrus juice? I don't consider wine as a fruit juice. Wine is the only special drink mentioned in the gospel and this is probably one of the reason why alcohol as been a serious problem in many christian countries, especially in the north of France. If God himself asks you to drink wine (which is red as his blood), is he encouraging alcoholism? And when he turns water into wine? Jesus wasn't politically correct and didn't think of it. I wonder what would have happened if he had met with Mr Anthony Rossi. I am sure that Rossi would have sorted out this alcohol promotion problem, turning wine into orange juice. And my own family name, Weinzaepflen, which means little wine cork, should also be changed into Orangezaepflen. But it's 14 letters instead of 12.