samedi, mai 29, 2004

All Sparks

I am listening to LIL' BEETHOVEN by SPARKS, which is one of my favorite albums ever. Pop at it's best. The songs are so funny, funny dark, the subjects of the songs are so close to my spirit. And it is ambitious with a smile. The video was made by Kuntzel and Deygas, from Paris.

SPARKS TO PERFORM AT MELTDOWN FESTIVAL, LONDON, JUNE 12!!! Sparks will do a very special concert performance of 2 of their classic albums, "Kimono My House" and "Lil' Beethoven" as part of this year's prestigious Meltdown Festival at the Royal Festival Hall in London on June 12.

Sparks' fan and friend Morrissey is this year's curator and has personally asked the band to do this unprecedented conceptual show.

The band will do two special sets, one being the entire "Kimono My House" album from start to end, the 2nd half being "Lil' Beethoven" from start to end. "Kimono My House" has never before been performed in its entirety, so this will truly be a unique presentation.

There will not be a support act for this show which starts at 8PM.