I believe that the Arabic world has many other signs to give us than the political ones, the religious ones. For instance, the androgynous beauty of Hanaa Ben Abdesslem, a Tunisian model, the new Lancôme égérie. Or the surrealism of مشهد مرعب جدا جداا جداا الرجاء عدم اصطحاب الاطفال الى هذا المقطع and
vendredi, février 17, 2012
mercredi, février 15, 2012
"Just Kids" by Patti Smith; as she said on a TV show, she really offered a movie to the reader, and such a beautiful one. The word freedom has a true meaning in this story; the quest of a personal one. There are as many freedoms as there are human beings. Some have a better access to their freedom than others; it is due to political conditions, psychological weapons, chance… I briefly said hello to Patti Smith after a music & poetry performance at the Pompidou. My friend Julia, who was a journalist, took me backstage. She is important for me. She is rather rock than pop. If pop is about seduction, rock is about rebellion. Rebellion is where the New can come from. It never comes from seduction. « I make all things New », Christ said and did… So why talking about Patti Smith? Because of haircut. One of the key moments of her life was when she decided to cut hair in 71. The gentle hippie girl turned into a wild and poisonous flower, after having succeeded in making herself a Keith Richard's haircut. The impact on her friends was huge; she started her public life right after… Haircut: at the age of 14, I decided to cut the hair I had to keep long since I was a kid. It changed my life, I become the young man I aspired to, with a distinct sex.
mardi, février 14, 2012
samedi, février 11, 2012
Pas besoin de dépenser plus pour rencontrer le Bouddha, expérimenter le mystère de l'île de Pâques. Photo 1 et 2: animalerie (quai de la mégisserie, Paris). Photo 3: Leroy Merlin (rue Rambuteau, Paris). Photo 4: papeterie (rue Rambuteau, Paris).
No need to spend more for having a Buddha or mysteries of Easter Island experience. Photo 1 and 2: Pet shop (quai de la mégisserie, Paris). Photo 3: Leroy Merlin hardware store (rue Rambuteau, Paris). Photo 4: stationary (rue Rambuteau, Paris).
vendredi, février 03, 2012
- I always wonder if it's a good idea to not care about how it sounds.
- You mean… mastering?
- Yes! Does a good mastering help “ bout de ficelle ” music to sound better?
- That's not important! Music doesn't have to sound, music has to provoke imagination, create unprecedented levels of perception. The mastering has nothing to do with it. It is a “ bourgeois de province ” question.
- I'm a bourgeois de province, living in Paris.
- You think so?
- Kind of… What about stage acts?
- Right now, I'm into dancing. Dancing is becoming more and more important to me. Movement on stage creates a rare energy, some kind of trance. I feel like under drugs, a good drug coming from the body itself.
- So you're becoming a trance dancer?
- Yes… Let's go to see the dance exhibition at Centre Pompidou. Then we will try this Nanashi place.
- Then we will go to see the revolutions going on.